Friday 19 March 2010

Wife goes shopping

What is retail therapy? Have you ever done any retail therapy? Does it work?


What did the man say his wife could buy?
Why do you think he said yes to everything?

Try to reenact the conversation with your partner. Write down as many things as possible that you remember about what the man said.



Write a composition of about 150 words which begins:

Paragraph 1: Three days ago I overheard the strangest conversation in my gym...

What had you done in the gym? Did you enjoy it? What were you doing when you started listening to the conversation?


Paragraph 2: To my surprise / horror / astonishment, the man told his wife ...

What did he ask her? What did he agree to do? What did he suggest? What did he want her to do?


Paragraph 3: As soon as he hung up ... I couldn’t help laughing when /I couldn’t believe my ears when ... If I had been the owner of the phone, I would have ...
To see the video clip with subtitles click here.


source: Jo Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment